View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default 94' Celica - Detail (Lot of work)....

PART1

16 Year old Toyota Celica

This 1994 Celica (Jap Import) is a car owned by a guy that works with my Dad, he's had it a while but basically said to me that he can't get it any cleaner no matter what he tries so asked if i would try and detail it for him.

I started bright and early at 8am as i knew i'd run out of daylight quickly.

How it started

First step was to snow foam the entire car

Next i went round with some G101 and a Detailing brush to clean the filler cap, badges, lights, vents, door sills and shuts

Rinsed off

I then attacked the wheels with some Autobrite Very Cherry, and a number of different brushes, this got just about everything off except for a few small tar spots on some wheels but i knew i'd be getting the Tardis out later anyway

Rinsed off

Clean nuts

The next stage was to clean out the wheel arches so i used some G101 again with a large scrubbing brush and then pressure washed them after letting it soak.

A lot of crud in the arches:

I now washed the car using two Autobrite buckets with Grit guards, some Zymol auto-wash and a Meguiars sheepskin mitt.

After washing i wanted to clay the whole car, so i just rinsed it down with the hose and left it wet to help aid the claying stage. First i went round the lower doors and wheels with some Tardis and a soon to be old MF cloth - this got rid of all the large clay spots i could find. I rinsed the car just in case i hadn't wiped all the Tardis off.

Tardis

I clayed the car using CYC Blue ultra fine clay, with some Zip wax diluted with water as a clay lube.

It was surprising what was coming off the bonnet as the car seemed pretty clean to be honest:

Before (nice and clean)

After just 1/4 of the bonnet

I carried on round the whole car, picking up pretty much the same amount on every panel except for the lower doors / side skirts which were worse (to be expected).

After this i snow foamed the whole car again, and dried off spraying the whole thing with Meg's Last touch, you can really see why this is a good drying aid as the water almost seems to shrink on contact with it - definitely makes a big difference (plus it smells lovely)!

Snow Foamed

Last touch

Last touch again, soaking up the water