View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013
Mad Member

Default yep

I am not about much at the moment, But I am an Xray driver and as Jlucas said there are plenty of us about.
best quality car I have had since returning after a 23 year break. been back 2 years nearly, had almost every 4wd and 2wd the modern RC world has to offer.

I would say the XB4 is best value for SO many reasons, its 2 cars in one.
Its fast, build quality is amazing, Very tough and easy to set up. Will run in 2wd and 4wd equally as well and only a 5 min job to swap between the 2. Parts not the cheapest, but again, does not break much so not really an issue.

The losi 22 as mentioned, is a great car, very capable even thou been out a while. plenty of guys race them, I did for many months and its as tough as they come. very tight on space so suitable electrics must be purchased. A great choice if wanting to do it on a smaller budget. Very cheap spares but you wont need much they hardly ever break.

I had all the schumachers inc the sv2 and K1, there great cars, a little harder to set up but the back up from the British company is 2nd to none. Spares reasonable prices and very easy to get.

I am not an associated fan so cant really say much about the B44/B4 etc, I tried them didn't like them.

All buggies that have a conversion kit available, like the Vega, DB1, Centro etc, are gona cost LOADS. as you buy the car, then almost the same again for the conversion, Unless buying 2nd hand already fitted. I would avoid these as a "1st buggy" back, easy to change later on once you have been racing again and then decide what you really want.

Apex wont steer you wrong, Pop down the club Thursday as mentioned there all great guys and I am sure there will be TONS of advice and help and you can see pretty much all the cars mentioned on the nite.

Welcome back to the RC world....

Darren, aka, Tartman.....................
2013 & 2014 OOPLE INVERNATIONAL
BEER RACE RUNNER UP!

FEEDBACK LINK =