View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013

from Neo Buggy:

"Where the drama begins is after the race when an unnamed manufacturer filed a protest on behalf of one of their drivers whom was not in the A-main. The protest involved whether or not Ty’s car met ROAR specifications for battery fitment. The rules claim that a chassis must be configured to accept either a full-size battery or a saddle-pack. It is rumored that Ty was using a shorty pack — which is legal, however, not if the chassis will only accept the length of a shorty pack.

Regardless of the validity of their concerns, the protest was thrown out due to it being illegal for a driver to protest a race that they weren’t in."

Seems odd that a protest is dismissed just because the protester wasnt in the same race. The car is either illegal or not, I dont see what anything else has to do with it.

Regardless, it wouldnt surprise me if the car does only fit shorties. The motor mount/ spur gear assembly is right in the middle of the car roughly - to get a full length stick lipo in there it would have to sit outside of the spur gear - that would be very wide off the central axis.

The only way round that seems to me to be either a shorty-only battery mounted at the back, or split saddle lipos mounted one on either side of the spur gear. Perhaps the fact that there seems to be no pictures of the battery side of the car is a hint as to its legality, or lack of.