View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011

now this in one thread i can put a lot of info in this i for one raced at sandown park race course in the middle of it with Mark saddler as a wee lad back then with Terry his dad who was then wasp racing then there was brian, nick adams, kevin moore also back in them days i can even remeber what car i was driving then this was called a bolink digger and the the first cat and the first dogfighter called the superdogfighter-yz10 Terry and his m8 made lots of different parts for many cars as they were the ones who started the multi fit gears by the means of an outter ring gear which was held onto by 6 screws they even made lots of alloy parts for the Tamiya vannessa lunchbox and the midnight pumpkin in the way of bodymounts and gears for them as for the company RW Racing this was owned by Ron Winters who saddly passed away hence the name RW the next name SRM this was a company down in southampton who it was owned by Simon ??? cant think at mo lol but they made parts for the Kyosho mid custom special and the lazer which we run down at the reedy race of champions at new romsey running on a surface of what was known back then as MOT hoggings which turned everything pink when it was wet and the club was run by a guy called Bill Jones if you got on the wrong side of him he would say pack your gear away and go he even told this to a Dutch guy as he went over a fence that was an out of bounds area what ever Bill said went he even at one of the reedy race called in a pump to drain out the bomb hole in his track as it rained all weekend this was funny, at this event the was a new champion called Masami Hirosaka who drove the first cat at a world championship as this was built for him the night before racing commenced he was only 19 then the car was powered by a motor called a uno and not a reeedy motor he was very quick with it he could even drive a car with the transmitter turned upside down back to front and even with his feet as he done a demo doing this i hope this might bring back a few memories like it did to me

spec racing did take over from wasp racing and also they brought out PAP as well