View Single Post
Old 23-08-2012
Mad Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meath77 View Post
It's a cancelled race. Am I the only one who thinks this isn't a big deal and doesn't warrant a public enquiry? Hopefully next years goes ahead
Wayne
I would agree if the race was only targetted at local racers, however when foreign racers are concerned it is a different matter. People invest alot of time and more importantly alot of money into forward planning away races, I know cancellations can't be helped at times but having all your ducks in a row before announcing I would think is crucial. 2 other recent events had similar issues, one being the petitrc which fortunately secured another venue but resulted in people losing money on transport and accomodation and, the other being the EOS round scheduled for the UK last year which was completely cancelled and again cost people money. Not great really, I would hope the reputations of those 2 remain untarnished but I'm sure some people would think twice before committing again. As we are such a small racing community I think we need to pull together and make sure this type of thing never happens again and we make RC racing in Ireland as great as we all know it can be.