View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009

Comments re walking in front of the rostrum were from me. Of course we all appreciate the great work people have put into the track, but that doesn't take away the fact that on a number of occasions people walked in front the line of the drivers. I know I'm not the only one who commented on this and I was merely making a suggestion to overcome the issue - no rants or raves just a considered opinion and not an attack on Bury lads - I didn't even know it was a particular grouping on that side of the rostrum.
Oh, and by the way, I have raced at both Southport and Bury and have found both sets of drivers to be equally pleasant, open-minded and helpful to a newbie – equal chill!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post
Sorry Johnnyboy, not on board anymore. Big news afoot means money might just be tight so no more silly crashes and 'don't care air' for me. Still gonna race, but strict budget......

And its not 'Worksop too strict' more 'Bury very relaxed'. I live pretty equidistant to Bury and Southport - I could race either just as easily. Southport has I think the better outdoor track, higher turnouts, better facilities etc, yet I mostly race Bury. Why? Because I prefer the chilled out atmosphere and community spirit. We are a small, tight knit club who just happen to run a big meeting.
Incidentally the guy who complained about people pitting on the far side of the rostrum - Dude that was the Bury Metro club! Those were the guys that built the track, without them there would be no meeting!