Thread: Council updates
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012

Default Council meeting 3.5.12

All,

Myself, Roger and Matt today met with the council, Lianne Dooley and Neil Long to discuss our clubs position at Goshem.

The meeting started with Neil making it clear that the council saw Goshem as a flagship site for Bury council and that Bury Metro RC was very much part of their plans.
Neil confirmed that toilet facilities were to be available within the reception/entrance area of the new gymnastics club.
He went on to say that the council would support our club in making funding applications for in particular additional parking needs and that he wished for the club to provide the council with both short term specific needs and more encouragingly long term wishes.

Although Neil initially stated that he wished for the area between our track and the new building, to be kept green even with some trees, the committee eventually persuaded him that this area was the prime location for additional parking and pitching space. With the idea being that a section (nearest the new building) was to remain grassed for pitching and the remaining area to be potentially covered with a grass reinforcement solution, with the possible addition of a short fence ensuring we stay well away from the football pitch, where Neil can have his beloved trees on the outer boarder.

We have been asked to provide a plan drawing of our wishes, which will even include consideration for a new purpose built race control and covered rostrum amongst other ideas. (longer term)
With this in mind, we ask that all members continue to be patient with the works going on around the track, in the knowledge that we are in the fold for creating a fantastic improved venue for current and new members alike.

I (Darren) will be arranging to submit the funding application with the help of Lianne by the end of next week.

Matt will be completing the plan drawing of the site, with our wishes contained, again for submission to the council as soon as possible.

The council (Neil) are keen to start work immediately to further improve on what we already have agreed, so our timeliness is important to keep them on their toes.

Darren
Chairman
BMRCC

Bury Metro Member http://www.bmrcc.co.uk/

Team Associated B6.1
Absima Team Driver
Still have my old Team Associated C4.1, Team C Evo and Yokomo Bmax4 just in case my lads take up the sport someday.