View Single Post
Old 30-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejw View Post
New track markings are good especially now I have obliterated a hole in the one at end of the straight with my appalling driving skills apologies!

I think the only improvement could be to find a way to introduce some curves etc to make some of the apex's a tad less harsh for less able drivers.

I think your definitely on the right lines Alec, heard more than one person last night talking about the old tracks that used to be set out and how good they were.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartalec View Post
We are trying to get back to how it was, technical, challenging and above all, fun. We don't need any more boring car tracks

It wasn't my decision to take out the bigger jump, I personally felt it ruined the layout and made it boring without it. It wasn't difficult to do, it actually made you slow down properly for the corner and think about it more, but the car did all the work itself. All the driver had to do was judge the speed correctly and drive straight

The rounded edges will come, as will heavier ends that stop the track markings from moving. Bumpy sections, more jumps, slippy bits etc will be introduced ASAP. Anyone with any plywood lying around please bring it along, we'll find a use for it for sure.

As Alec has said we have some improvements on the way, we already have some flexible marking to round some of the corners off and hope to be able to add some features soon. It also must also be remembered that you can go too overboard on a small track and turn it into an obstacle course rather than a race track.
Expect to see some marked improvements to the tracks over the coming weeks

Friday Night Buggy Racing nr. Milton Keynes - TCRCMC