Thread: New section
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008

Ofcourse Australia has plenty of off road racing. You wont find many astro turf surfaces here though. Mostly dirt but more and more clubs are introducing sections of astro turf or carpet over the jumps and other places. Maintenance is the real issue here ofcourse with the rain and drought.
I have just been watching the 89' worlds over and over again with Masami giving everyone a good flogging. Man those 2.2inch tyres drove up some controvery back then -LOL.
I was at the 89' worlds at St Ives also. What a day that was! All the big drivers and race teams back then-awesome stuff. Infact im heading out there this morning to run my Topcat,Cougar2 and Procat just for the hell of it. Its dissappointing to hear they are changing the track there as it has remained almost completely the same since the worlds. Oh well thats progress.
Ive been racing at Ryde (SYDNEY) and they are holding there second annual vintage race meeting there on the 22nd of June-dont worry i'll be posting a pile of pics when it happens.
Bender and I both raced at the Ipswich club up in Queensland. It has recently been relocated and is electric only (which are few and far between now days). Nitro cars tend to dig up the nice electric friendly surfaces so this is a good thing.
Australia is producing some great talent. Im sure if more of our drivers had greater manufacturers support and more time to race they would be a better force to be reconned with.Either way we all love it!