Thread: Outdoor track
View Single Post
Old 31-01-2009

As the astro track at NRX stands at the minute 10th cars can run on it but its a bit bumpy compared to most 10th tracks which is the main problem with it but this is easily sorted by smoothing the ground and relaying the astroturf over it. I know running 10th on there has been mentioned in the past but not many people seemed interested to be honest which i couldnt understand.
The track ran a Truggy National last year and is a good facility. The place was previously run by someone as a dictatorship and the place went downhill with dwindling numbers and a few annoyed members. But late last year a few of the members took over the running of the track and with new enthusiasm the place will move on now at a good pace. The track design has now been changed to take out the majority of the 90 degree corners and it drives really well but now just wants the track markings sorting properly, astro relaying and smoothing out and a good tidy up. I would of thought by the beggining of the spring the track should be bang on.
Where does 10th electric come in ? If the demand is there the track changes and refinements that are being done now will be done with running the 10th buggies in mind. The astro can be cut with no overlapping and the surface made as smooth as possible and there can be a cut put in the track to shorten the lap as at the moment its probably a bit too big for electrics. The place is there, built and willing to run 10th buggies. I cant see their being another permanent outdoor track catering for 10th cars anywhere north of the midlands opening any time soon so its an excellent oppurtunity. I know i would love to run my cat on a big outdoor track ! To show interest in running 10th cars there i dont think its fair to expect some electric lads to turn up at the track in numbers ready with shovels to get building (although it would be a help) But why not show interest and support by joining the club as a member ? The revenue coming from memberships will help with materials and it will show the willing is there. Membership is only cheap (seem to think its £11pa but need to check) and it means you have free use of the track 24/7 for practise etc as well as reduced race fees. There are about 6 or 7 members who have electric buggies as well as 8th scale stuff so it wont take a lot to get a couple of heats of "quiet" cars on club race days.
If anyone has any Q's i should be able to answer them...........
Jimmi...........
WWW.JAMESPRICEMOTORCYCLES.CO.UK