View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanwheeldon View Post
I see that there is an outdoor club in Telford which is also starting to get bigger but dont know much about it only where it is. Does anything happen indoors over winter or is it just the outdoor MAM which is local?
there are a few of the Telford club on here, "CycloneTone" i think is the forumj handle of the guy who runs the telford club.

As for winter, there are a few meetings most notable is the MAM series, the Dez Chand Championship meeting & the Worksop winter series.. or of course you could do what i do & go 1:12th racing for the winter or perhaps look at Micro buggies if you want more variety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanwheeldon View Post
Anyway, just thought id say hi and get some advice on where i can start looking at. Quite fancy a SV2 to get me going although there does seem to be some good budget RTR kits out there now to get my foot back in the door
Take a look at the Ansmann cars. There are basically 2 options, they do the regular version (Mad-rat, Mad Monkey etc) then they also do pro versions (usually identified with X prefix e.g. X2, X2c, X4 etc), basically the exact same car but aimed towards serious racers rather than club racers & car park bashers although the regular cars are still very capable & would still get you into an a-final at a national level with the right mods & the right driver on the controls but the pro cars come with a clear shell rather than a pre-painted one & slightly stiffer wishbones & some other selected parts, stronger tie-rods with a nubbin on them so you can adjust them easier, bearings rather than bushings & fully adjustable metal shocks rather than plastic shocks you adjust by using c clip spacers.

Mid motor cars seems to be the more popular these days although there are some very capable rear motor cars still knocking about. Mid motor tend to be better in the corners as there is no pendulum effect at the rear & the car it seems is more stable in the air, hence why they are becoming popular.