View Single Post
Old 21-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doktor View Post
Hi Colin,
I will just answer as to why Lucan isn't to be used.
1. The track area is still very soft, and up to this week has been unusable. We have been out there each week to check on it.
2. We had intended to use Lucan from time to time, but this hasn't happened due to weather, and as you know the first few weeks of running is never great, until the track is cut a few times and run on. We didn't think it would be befitting of a national to have the first run of the season on it.
3. We have been told that the red fire hose and tyres are not suitable to mark the track with. The red hose, because its too easy for a car to drive over. So we would have to use the heavier white hose that we have in the naul. This would mean either getting new hose, or ripping up the naul hose, moving it out to Lucan for one days racing.

Being honest, I personally think the track in Naul is great at the moment. Its challenging and the vast majority of drivers like it. Its so much better than the previous lay out. (I did not design either!!!)
Also a huge amount of work has gone in to the venue to make it more attractive, cleaner and safer for racers. It really is a shame the 0.4M is stopping the nationals going ahead here.
Lee i didn't have a issue with the club not wanting to run at Lucan for whatever reason. The Hoses (i didn't know they couldn't be used, news to me.),Weather, I only suggested you postpone and ask run at a later date as a option. Whatever reason its your choice not to run there.

The Naul , its a grand club venue and more power to you guys for getting it up and running and to a point you are happy. To me its a bit like marmite you either love it or you don't. Same as other tracks are to other people. It is a shame that we have this issue 6 months after the agm and its something that can't be resolved.