Thread: ZX-5 Setups
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009

Fabs,

Just looking at your set up below for my friend Rich, can you post a set up sheet please, ( The pictures make it easier )

Thanks

Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabs View Post
Hi guys,

Just came back from the Players where I've done a lot of setting up on the FS and finally got the car about where I want it to be. Here's my final setup which was giving me laptimes similar to the guys i'd normally be racing:

Front

Shocks : 3B pistons, 40W oil, inside on tower, middle on wishbone, cap unscrewed 3 turns
Turnbuckles : inside on hub with 3mm spacers, outside on gearbox with -1mm spacers (lower ball stud)
Hubs : 7°, spacer at the bottom, 3mm bump steer with normal ball studs (actually tamiya ball nuts with a screw coming from under the knuckle so it doesn't strip), 1.5mm for ackermann
2mm under front suspension block
Front diff

Rear

Shocks piston 2 holes drilled at 1.5mm, silver springs, out on tower in on wishbone
turnbuckles : outside on hub with 2mm, middle on gearbox with -1mm (same as front), UM519 hubs (or actually std suspension graphite hubs on top hinge pin hole, which is exatly the same).
1mm anti squat, short wheelbase, 3° toe in, silver driveshafts, rear 1.2mm ARB.

No dam on wing, 4° angle, mid position on the tower.

That's about it, car was getting good finally, was an absolute dream to fly it, it'd take the mega jump and land it spot on (unless i'd overcooked it and overshot the down ramp but that was the same for everyone) every time.

Many thanks to Adam SKELDING for his setup help all the week end, Nathan Ralls for his previous help and RogerM for pointing out the difference in the rear hubs !!!