View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilow View Post
Hi I just tested my DESC for a few batteries and have to tell you I am very impressed, switching from a Slash4x4 is a major difference ...but what about
gearing ratio recommendations ? I actually run a LRP 6.5 540 Motor with a 17 teeth pinion and the motor starts to heat up very much ...So I would like to switch to a 550 Motor, but not having any Module 1 pinions I wondered if someone already had experience with 550 Motors in the durango ? So what sizes do I should start purshasing pinions ...
Any recommendations about motors 550 ? I am struggling between LRP and Novak.

A short recommendation for the kit set up: Insert a 7mm washer in the inside of the rear shock body under the pistons, the droop the car originally had is way too much and the car will body roll a lot.
I ran the Tekin 6.5 motor (540) with 23T pinion!!! You are very undergeared I think.
I would like to try one of the high-torque rotors for the Tekin motor and I think you can get such things for your LRP also. I haven't tried a 550 motor.