View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilow View Post
thanks for the answers, but does undergearing also create overheating ? I will test a few pinions this weekend. Our home track is not very big, but very technical (MVB in NL) , and I already was blown away of the way the truck handles. For the 550 I will get a 6.5 Novak I guess, I need torque and not so much speed.
With the Slash 4x4 I used a Graupner Stock 10.5 that produces nearly 600 watt and is so powerfull in torque that you nearly cant rotate it by hand...very impressive motor but the rotor axle came loose a second time so looking for something new... and reliable.
Undergearing can create heat issues however this truck is funny about torque.

I thought the same thing coming from the older gen 4wd SCT's and was playing with gearing, motor combo's, even higher c batteries trying to get it to unleash like the older vehicles. In all honesty, it makes you slower. This truck doesnt like to be driven hard and tossed around, it likes to be driven more like a touring car. Its so stable and controllable all you need to do is hold your line and maintain your pace. From the drivers stand it will feel slow and punchless, mine still does, but im turning laps faster than some of the 1/8th ebuggies and once i saw a video someone shot of my truck i realized how fast it really is. Dont look for torque and punch out of the turns unless you really need it for a specific part of the track, if making that double into a triple helps your lap times that much then go for it but i think you will find that keeping this truck smooth will do a lot more for your lap times.

Video Link Here