View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011

Angry

Thanks for the update on the BRCA website, is that a reason why they couldn't be published elsewhere? Is it right that there are even videos on youtube before results are published? Two weeks have passed now, the results of the last round of the Schumacher BTCC series at Mendip last weekend were available to all by the Monday night 24hr later, along with full championship positions. Every laptime of every competitor for the whole season! That, and it isn't even a BRCA National lol

Personally, I like to return to my pit, after marshalling, via the timesheets. At this meeting even the relatively straightforward qualifying heats were not posted at this time. I could see them on the printer in race control. More than once when I offered to help by posting them on the wall I was told I couldn't.

I went to the results board on several occasions as the finals were playing out and never caught sight of any of the A finals on the wall. I imagine they were needed by the timekeeper to calculate the overall result after the third legs, I wouldn't agree that is a good enough reason not to post them though. It's very difficult for a competitor to check his finishing position and calculate what he needs to achieve in a future leg if they aren't posted.

All the single leg finals stayed on the board upto and after the trophy presentation, somebody must have been being particularly selfish if, as you suggest, they nicked off with them before the meeting ended. Sorry to disagre Stuart but this is how I saw it and how it affected me.

Last edited by reflexuk; 10-09-2011 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Smelling pistakes