View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieZXR View Post
Hey folks I am ready to blow my brains out..... I have a revention Pro running it previously on a 6.5 and now a 5.5 V3 the speedo was fine for about four weeks however now I am getting 3/4 of a heat and the speedo seems to be going into lamp mode (flat LiPo) I hav.e used other racers batteries to rule it out and it still happens, the setup is fitted to my dex410, my servo is a high speed alturn and the speedo is running the modify2 software.

It's been a very frustrating night as on a number of occasions I have been running quick in my heat

I don't believe I am running the thermal cut off but need to check.

When the car goes into limp mode if the marshal turns the speedo off and on again, its fine.... The motor and esc do not even feel hot.

For what I paid I am somewhat disappointed ! I tried to go on the sp site for help but it re directs me to schumacher

I am sick as a chip, can anyone help ?

Cheers

Richie

I have had these same issues with a Reventon pro, the car goes into limp mode after 4 mins due to overheat, tried changing the motor from a SP5.5 v3 to a 6.5 with no effect. Took a temp reading from motor and speedo as the car came off the track which were both under 65deg so no issue there. The capacitor on the speedo was around 100deg, changed this for the capacitor bank from a GT2.0 pro and the issue has disappeared (so far). The car now runs for full 5 mins and the capacitor unit was at 45deg. The only thing I cannot understand is how the speedo could sense this overheat on the cap?
I am running v20 firmware but may reinstall the v19 to see what happens