View Single Post
Old 25-09-2007
Super Moderator

Quote:
E.G, If Pidge had not done well with the Aero this year and pre-orders for the car had not been made they would probably not had the funds/confidence to make a mould for the car. Exposing the prototype was needed. It's different for bid names like AE, granted, but again it's a part of their marketing strategy, just for other reasons.

Sorry dude, just playing anti-devils advovcate.
Well I did not really want to mention that car too much and no disrespect at all to Lee, he drove really well this year BUT, would it be fair to say he would've done as well with a Losi XX4?

Would I have been an F1 this year if I had an Aero to race? (probably not!)
Did that car have a unique performance advantage?

We will never know, it is a catch 22 situation, development of new cars is needed to progress the sport BUT if a ONE OFF, not commercially available, has such an advantage and lets say it was mine and I won next years championship then I would think my peers would want that car and question how I did it.

Again NO DISRESPECT TO ANYONE, just proposing a possible point of view.
I don't mind the prototypes but racing fully commercially available cars would be fairer because there would be no excuses to give if your peers have equipment everyone could buy.

Playing devils, devils, anti, anti advocate!