Thread: Having it large
View Single Post
Old 24-01-2010

I normally know if i will, or will not be racing the following week. If everybody (or the majority) was in this position then, as suggested earlier, the booking in could possibly be done the week before.

Because we race on a different track each week, practice is helpful to many racers to learn the track. however i feel the majority of the gain would be in the first couple of mins, maybe any practice round need only be 2 mins? (if we were to have one).

With 58+ drivers, personally i feel it would be dificult to offer finals. We have the kids, but also most of us have work the following day, and some get up early.....

We have pitted on the stage before, this could be a possibility for the future.

I think we could aim for a 7:30 start if pre-booked in with the computer ready to go... we will have to work out if this is realistic.

The formula that we currently run to would not seem to be doing us any harm. I understand your point stu, about the grading, but the way we run is that the individual members race for position the following week. if we insert casual drivers into the top heat individuals that have earned the position need to be displaced. I think if somebody is comming regularly like ed this could be looked at, and there are other problems putting fast drivers into the slowest heats. In general i think Alan does a great job in juggling the heats about to get a good evenings racing, but i feel there is a rock and a hard place here. Not easy.....

its late, and i'm rambling sorry, i guess there is much to discuss....

Ollie