Thread: paint by ian
View Single Post
Old 24-11-2011
Mad Member

Cheers Simon, great video, thanks for mentioning me, very pleased you are so happy with the shell.

Thanks Stu.

Carbon effect all done with the cutter. Make jaggy line pattern that looks like carbon, feed through clever computer cutter. Spend hours weeding out said jaggy line design, apply to shell making sure it looks like it would in real life. Paint dark carbon colour down first, then with the clever border you left on the carbon mask peel away... watch in horror as every single piece breaks off, swear at it, swear at it some more, swear at yourself for trying to be clever and do carbon in a new way, spend hours picking off individual jaggy lines, paint lighter colour, stand back and admire your work

The grill is just masked again. Cutters truly are wonderful things one of the best things I have ever spent money on, without a doubt ! I've got a Roland STX-7 but if you can get one of those craft robo's which are about a fifth of the price and learn yourself Inkscape or Corel Draw or some sort of vector program you're almost there

My paintwork thread