View Single Post
Old 16-07-2011

My thoughts and ideas

1. Chassis:

I would agree any TC chassis, there is a few of us that already have them, I don’t think it has to be a cheap class in terms of chassis choice (that’s what the Mardaves are for) I stopped doing TC as they got too fast, and not being the best driver was normally in the class that was “out of control of their driving” and just got fed up of being driven into all the time.
I think people also appreciate the engineering behind the more race spec chassis.

Also have a higher weight limit on the car

Are we trying to do a reduced speed class, or reduced cost class? Or both?

2. Bodyshell:

I like the idea of none race car shells, (like no protoform and hotbodies shells) Maybe it should be something that isn’t on the BRCA list. Yes I’m sure someone will turn up with a HPI Saleen bodyshell that is streamed lined, but with the control on the motor, tyres and batteries I doubt it will make much if any difference.

For this class I think we should have a best chassis and best bodyshell prize on offer as well.

3. Tyres:

We should stick with a Schumacher supplied tyre, as they have been good enough to support us with prizes since we have started the club. So carpet dragons would be ideal.

Maybe they should be mounted on none dish wheels, just so it fits in with the none race bodyshell idea.

4. Motor and ESC:

Not really sure 17.5 will be much different from 13.5, Chris and Ian I believe used 17.5 and are normally up there with the rest of them if not faster, ok they did have the turbo function on! Again there is people who have stopped using their TC and still have the equipment, could these people still use their old ESC but unplug the sensor wire to stop them using the turbo function on them?
I would like to try 21.5 and see what that is like.

Schumacher do the Cirtix stock Brushless ESC for RRP £59.99 and the Speed Passion Ultra Sportsman 3.0 Brushless motors for RRP £34.99. Could make a good combo, and I’m sure someone could get the price down on something like this

Having a some sort of brushed motor equivalent would be good idea, if someone has a RTR or old chassis they can get it up to spec without spending too much money.

5. Batteries:

I think both, Nimh just because they come in most RTR kits, and also lipos because they are a lot less hassle and again most people have them. If we go down the route of limiting lipos it should be done on capacity and C rating, not price. If we limit price people will only get the high spec packs from Hong Kong. At least if it’s done on spec, it gives people the choice on what they spend.

I would suggest the following rules;

Any 1/10th chassis with any hop ups etc. With a minimum weight limit.
Any real life car shell (none BRCA/ None legal Racing shell)
Prize for Best Chassis and Best Bodyshell
Schumacher Carpet Dragons, mounted on none dished wheels
A Brushed Motor choice (TBA)
A Brushless Motor(TBA) with non turbo ESC, or sensor wire removed if Turbo function is available.
Nimh Batteries, and Lipo Battery. (with a limit on the capacity and C Rating)

Last edited by ek9russ; 16-07-2011 at 11:18 AM. Reason: spelling