View Single Post
Old 29-04-2008
oOple Advertiser

That is really spooky we were just talking about that in the shop about half an hour ago!!!!

It was started by Chris Davidson, he ran Racestore in St.Albans (where I used to go before starting DMS in 1991. He supplied my first esc (Speedmaster silver star), charger (Schumacher PC3) and cells (White lightning 1500 SCK's for those who remember them) as well as many pairs of schuey blue block tyres for running at St.Albans Buggy Club on the tarmac track. Oh the memories of that.....

Chris was spotted around at Hatfield Galleria running some radio controlled football cars not too long ago, he actually phoned us for some bits for them too.

It was the rumour that the time and money he put into FTD was what led to the demise of the shop, which was sad since it was not too dis-similair to us when we started, race stuff only (no dolls houses, kites and bb guns etc!!!) just a proper "racers" heaven full of EVERYTHING you needed, cheap prices, good knowledge and a bit of an Aladdins cave, I wonder where we based our shop on??

I think that FTD lasted about 3 to 4 issues before they went pop, but not dead sure on that.

As well as FTD who remembers TQ magazine (Top Qualifier), it was awesome but did not last too long though, still got some old copies here at the shop, rumoured that it did not last due to advertisers not paying up!!! sad, since it was VERY good.
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636