View Single Post
Old 19-12-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamus View Post
Sounds like personal Christmas shopping to me, haha. I always wanted the Hornet but the Fox came to me by ebay. I'll be interested to see the same setup as my Fox basically, but with the Hornet body. I guess you already know about the body not fitting right once you use the longer chassis right? I just cut the nose off the body and glued it to the chassis. That leaves a small gap right where the steering components are, which almost looks like it was designed that way. It'll be even less noticable with the Hornets black body.

yep, Santa's a nice guy!

And about the body...
I do realize I have to cut it up... But I'm a bit partial to the Hornet body myself too, so I might actually save this body... I think it goes well with the "bumper kit", which will not work with the GT-01 and those sideplates...
I have one spare Buggy Champ body, but I'm not sure how that would work either... hmm, might actually be pretty cool since it's wider at the bottom! But we'll see...
I also think it would be cool to get one of those Phat Bodies "dufus" shells, and custom cut it, but they are based in UK and I have no idea where I would source one. It sure would make this hybrid look very "modern", if that was the direction I was aiming...
Another option I've though of is the Desert Gator body.... But hmmm.... at that point, maybe just pick up another Hornet shell and chop it.... Oh, and I'm not sure if it's only on the Hornet, but the front "headlights" are already pre-attached to the body separate from the shell.

I'm not sure yet which route I'll take, but, that's at least stage 6.2 anyway, haha, I've only just made the purchase! haven't even started the mod yet, still at pre-planning stages!

I'm also anxious to see how those hop-up aluminum rocker arms work out... crossing my fingers they work well, esp. for the $30USD I spend on them, yikes!