View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012
Mad Member

Great news Andy!! Well done.
I'm delighted that series is going ahead, I hope its a huge success and that it adds to the resurgence in popularity for the sport in the North at the moment

There are a few questions that I have - to which there are no right answers, I just want to be able to answer them when the drivers down here ask.

Will marshalling rules be changed so that 1/10th electric drivers marshal their own section, or will they be marshalling the nitros also? Personally, I'd have no problem marshalling the nitro heats, or any 5 minute final... but an extended final (cant remember if they are 30 or 45 minutes) would wreck some electric driver's heads - maybe its something to be considered.

The BRCA regionals are for just two classes, 2wd Mod and 4wd Mod. Is there any intention to run a Clubman class along side these to attract novice drivers to the championship. The Clubman racers could run in the same heats as the modified, but have a seperate results table and maybe some trophies at the end of the year. As 75% of our racers in the South run in the resricted class (10.5 motor and no esc timing advance) it would be a shame to exclude these drivers.

Regarding the tyres - you've been very good and recommended several suitable tyres for Aghalee. I just want to clarify what is meant by no spikes - the Losi X-2000 has rows of pins around a central X. Are the pins not spikes? If pins (as per the tyre label description) are allowed, could I use a Losi M3 Step-pin? - this tyre has bigger spikes than a Schumacher Minispike, but they are still called pins. It's a very grey area, and we all want to work with you and Aghalee to ensure that their track is not damaged. But perhaps setting 1 control tyre (I recommend Proline Calibers inline with EFRA dirt events) might rule out any technical issues on the day. It also helps the local retialer with stock requirements.

As I said, I'm absolutely thrilled that not only is the series planned and soon to be up and running, but also that there is enthusiasm in the north to go racing outside