View Single Post
Old 18-08-2013

You can't see it in the last picture, but I took a small piece of the FRP and bolted it underneath the top deck to keep the battery from moving forward. On the left side of the car I bolted another piece of plastic, only I used a battery strap thumbscrew to hold it in place so I can somewhat easily remove the battery.

I like having the electronics that far back in the chassis and I'll probably never own a saddle pack. My main concern though is with that stupid roar rule about being able to fit a full size pack. This car doesn't conform to that rule, but I could easily make it comply by moving the electronics and the FRP block on the top deck further front.

I did take the car to the track yesterday. The track had been pummeled by rain this week and was super rough and dusty. However, the back end of the car still felt much more planted than the last time I had drove the car there and the track was well groomed last time, too. The turn just before the straight is where I noticed the biggest difference. My car would swap ends if I was too aggressive on the throttle. Even down the straight the car wanted to wander and felt unsure. Now I can pull out of that turn quicker and the car felt very sure footed down the straight. No more wandering. Definitely an improvement and worth all the work! I wrecked a good few times and the chassis held up well.

I think I might have a tweak in the chassis or a misalignment somewhere. On heavy acceleration the car pulls to the left and on heavy breaking the car pulls to the right.