View Single Post
Old 18-08-2013

CC44,

I based this chassis off of my +8mm chassis, so it is longer than the kit aluminum chassis. I think I measured about 280mm with rear hubs full forward and front hubs full forward. Yes, the kickup is from the dimec chassis. Fortunately the way TD designed this car it made it extremely easy to bridge the two chassis pieces without any special parts. As for the f/r weight distribution, I don't have access to scale right now.

I think I know what the left/right problem is. I think my front end is on a little cattywampus. I measured the wheelbase on both sides and one side is about 2mm longer than the other side. Unfortunately I will be out of town on business for the next two weeks so I will not be able to update until then. I will be home on the weekend to race it and maybe get a little work down, depending on how much my wife lets me work on it

Kiwi,

My chassis is 1/8", or ~3.125mm. The stock chassis is about 2.5mm so mine sticks out about .5mm lower than the front chassis kick up. I didn't notice any problem with it catching anything when I had it on the track. I really didn't check anything with ride height, though.

I did cut out the diff housing, so everything is mounted flush to the chassis like it should be.