View Single Post
Old 18-12-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aire valley View Post
Fairly obvious that the RC fraternity should completely boycott Team C / Absima in support of SMD.. There are plenty of good alternatives out there....

Hard to believe that 3 people were employed by SMD purely on Team C products..!
Well to be fair to SMD, they (customers) should help clear their current stock of parts and kits, so SMD are not left with stock they can't sell, however a difficult choice if you were just planning on getting one, or were expecting one at Christmas. I guess current racers of the car can try keep it going until spares have gone from the channel, then it's probably a shelf queen or fit for the bin.

I know SMD did a good job of building a buzz for the car, it was very popular, though not so common in the Yorkshire area with it's low traction tracks, there were a few around. Shame though for those that supported the brand and SMD/staff.

Does make you want to stick with a more established brand, knowing it will be supported and not instantly dropped by the manufacturer. who knows, maybe the IP and molds will be reused by some Chinese maker knocking out cheap kits? wouldn't surprise me given the various ansmann and other flavours being sold previously.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------