View Single Post
Old 17-05-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy40 View Post
The picture i attached shows the mods ive done to the knuckles and thats what i want made, my current race car aptly named by Racer mag is a Lazer ZXRS and basically specd out vintage car to race at competition level now, issue ive got is due to the amount of power the knuckles / ujs vibrate which causes the king pins to vibrate out and yes changed bearings to ceramic and tried almost everything so my solution was to reverse engineer the knuckles and added a hex on top & bottom to fit a slim line nyloc nut as i hate losing races due to the knuckles coming out.
The bottom kingpin used to come loose back in the day with alot less power. That said I usually broke most of the OT16's that were ever fitted to the car well before the kingpin fell out. The Tomy Intruder had some magnesium front hubs that did kit the ZXR but they used to strip threads instead of breaking the hub.

Nice, simple solution though Have you tried just removing some material by hand to give enough room for a slim M3 nut?