Thread: Setups
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012

Elvo,

Many thanks for the great feedback, this is quite helpful. I will try to keep the lower "C" hub on the factory team rear aluminium carriers (although I'm not sure I visualize how it' sgoing to pan out with the instructions to reverse the hubs to keep the camber links straight across), as well as sand the bulkhead to lower the inner ballstud (saw a video from Paul Sinclair doing that). This should pretty much replicate the "shaved U Brace with C hub" B4.1 mod).

Good to hear your comments on the T-saddle configuration. I will stick to... sticks for now, and maybe borrow some saddles to test.

A few additional questions though, if you don't mind:

1. I'm currently using a GHEA 30g brass bulkhead with good success... makes sense keeping that in (instead of weight under the ESC?

2. I understand that all I need to convert my B4.1 FT worlds edition is B4 outdrives and their corresponding bearings; is that correct or are there other recommended parts to procure (sorry it's a bit off topic)?

3. I'm not sure I understand the actual change that the E Speed hanger brings - I suppose it is shortening the link, but in terms of position, is it higher or lower than standard (still wondering how that may work with regards to my shaved u-brace/c hub mod...).

4. I am using ae standard shocks with Silver (3.85) /Silver (2.1) AE springs - should I expect to have to change with the X6?

5. Opinions on sway bars? I don't run any at the moment, is it recommended or more a nice to have (remember I'm not running minipins, so grip is not massive).

6. Finally, would your "Petit Race 2010" setup be a good starting template, or did you squeeze some improvements since then?

Thanks a lot