View Single Post
Old 31-07-2013
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Martin View Post
Taking Carl's argument further.... say you ban the use of the 'same' car both days... how far do you go? Many 2wd and 4wd cars from the same manufacturer use the same parts on each car. Arms, hubs, rear end structures, geometry....

So could this also be cheating? As you are using the same 'parts' both days?
How far do you take it?
I think put simply, if 2 wheels are driven, its 2wd.

I dunno really how much more you can say or do about it.

I understand why its happening though. As over years and years when racing on standard surfaces, generally development drivers strive for ways to add more grip and steering to '2wd' cars. When we set these cars down on bumpy mega Velcro tracks it makes them extremely nervous and hard to drive. The mid motor trend was the first progression to cure this.
As for 4wd, its not likely that developers have gone to the same extents in search for grip, as obviously its 4wd originally. So this leads me to believe that our current range of 2wd cars on high grip are not suited and have also never been developed for this, thus making the 4wd/2wd cars feel easier to drive.
The DB1 showed that this could be the case at Silverstone last year and to be honest, the TMC2 thing has really showed that a simple redesign can make a competitive car when the conditions are right.

This is just an unfortunate stepping stone to where the future is for this type of racing condition I think.
I know what your saying lee and I kinda agree, but my point was or is
running 4wd in 2wd on Saturday gives you time to dial the car set up in
so on Sunday the car is already dialed to the track IE dampers spring etc etc,so on Sunday pop your drive shafts in and bingo bango car is dial straight of the bat,
I no a man of your driving skills it wouldn't matter to much, I'm sure you could drive a Tonka truck round IN 2WD MODE and still stick it in the A Main but for the minions it makes a huge difference.
im not against full 2wd conversions infact as someone else already stated it the way to innovate