View Single Post
Old 31-07-2013

was extremely interesting to see xrays converted XB4s running in 2wd at the euros. I believe shock locations , oil /piston set ups,camber link locations ,ballasting etc were completely different to the ones chosen for the 4wd event so i dont think they can be considered having gained free practice (in this case at least) compared to drivers than only run 4wd

By the way i would like to know more on the proceedings that led to the ban of FWD cars from 2wd in the 87 worlds. How was this done? In my mind it seems like the small german manufacturer that managed to go very well with his schumacher based FFs lost a political type of battle to AE , Kyosho (short end of the stick). Am i wrong?

In my opinion FWD should be allowed the same freedom as RWD. Spec tires used for driving axle complete freedom (or the same type of freedom ) for the non driving axle as RWD

Also why not use the gyroscopic effects of additional rotating parts? even if proved almost necessary to have in the future ( which i dont think they will be in all tracks and conditions) , they will be relatively cheap and provide an additional technological dimension to the sport (they are not like some type of electronic traction control that only few can afford or tune with their own powers/abilities)

Optional Parts & Car kits