View Single Post
Old 31-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattW View Post
Correct as things stand today. However, let's say Durango decide to do a new 2wd car - we'll call it the DEX410-2 . What they actually do it take some 410 kits, remove the front driveshafts, front diff, and front prop. They then sell the car like this. So what you have is a car that is "designed" as a 2wd (it's sold that way, so it must be!!), but has all the bits to accommodate a front diff / convert to 4wd if you wished that could be purchased later. I used Durango as my example, as it has been said that their drivers removed all the front drive train. I happen to know that at least one of them tried the car with the drive train left in while testing, but didn't like it!!

Carl - so your point on the front drivetrain isn't entirely valid - but I know what you're saying. I can see the pros and cons for leaving it in. My gut feeling is that some of those that left it in were what's best described as being "economical with their wrenching".
Exactly!! finally someone with sence! Pretty much the point I was trying to make about implementing any rule to stop it, but maybe put across in a better manner than I did!