Thread: Tyred?
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011
Mad Member

i almost agree with both points from james and scott ultimatly for ultimate pace a scrubed set of prime fulls are fastest but the point here is to make the racing closer and agro free which as it stands cutting ribs out scrubbing in for weeks on end using addative (scott) just to be quicker than the rest for 2/3 weeks and then start again

i am getting 4 weeks out of a prime set of fulls i own them for 8 weeks i spend 30mins cutting ribs and trimming down then 10 mins scrubbing the tops off on the carpark then spend 4 weeks practice shaping them to be some where near prime just to get 4 weeks of excelent grip which 90% of the time there is no chalenge cos my tyres are that much faster.

or as i am cuurently trying i have a new set of pre glued schu mini spikes i have used in one practice and a wednesday meeting a total of 5 runs on track no preping just bolt them on i would love to have a control tyre pre glued but as it stands a free choice is good my view is we shouldn't be to hasty to say this is the tyre we must use, i agree with james keep the cost low let the drivers choose for now and get a feel

i will probably be running mini spikes on club nights as i like the feel and if it levels the playing field even better.

i wrekon one of 6 drivers could have won last night, round by round however screwed that up but thats a differnt debate.

it will be intresting to see how things pan out over the winter.

stu

oh one other thing a bad point to not preping tyres i would need to spend more time with the wife LOL