View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzzie View Post
Hi Lenny

The best way of learning is to just come down and chat and we’ll talk you through stuff.

It’s difficult to know “where” and “what” to spend your money on when you’re staring out. I know I’ve made some mistakes that in hindsight I wouldn’t have make if I’d of asked first. Everyone at the club is friendly and we all like a good crack.

I would agree, the most important thing for me would be getting a good Radio (with end point and Expo), receiver and servo.

Again Stick or Wheel?

I have 2 wheel radio’s for sale if you’re interested, which you can try before you buy, your choice. Stick there may be some else who can give you advise on that one.

For me its Savox servos all the way, I run a Savox 1257 which I’ve ran for a year an a half with zero issue and I do hit it hard especially when the ‘red mist’ comes down. You will pay around £55 for one but its worth it.

Batteries, Lipo and chargers I would recommend Hobby King (type it into Google). I run Nano Tech lipo and they are great batteries and cheap as. Don’t buy tho until you’ve decided what car you fancy as some use either stick, saddle or shorty configuration.

Speedo and Motors, this is a personnel thing as there are loads of good ones on the market. This depend on budget but if you buy a good one you won’t have to change it out. I have a Speed Passion Revention (ESC and 7.5t motor) for sale that I ran for 6 month. This would be more than fast enough, may be too fast LOL, but you can turn it down.

Car’s, I would recommend, unless you have deep pocket, buy second hand. Look on the for sale section of oople you can find some real bargains.

My tip would be find out what most people are running and follow suit. This will help you to understand car setup and how to repair bit when you inevitably break something. This can also help if you don’t carry many spares, as someone may have something so you can continue racing.

People run:

Team C TM2
Durango 210
Xray XB 2wd
Kyosho RB 6
Yokomo
Schumacher Cougar KF /

All are good cars and there isn’t much between then, so your choice!

Other things to consider, Tool box / bag, 2mm & 1.5mm hex driver and other tools and personal transponder.

See you Wednesday
Some great advice here.

Your money will go much much further if you consider second hand. I'm pretty sure Muzzie used to use a Spektrum DX3c and if this is the one he has for sale then snap it up! great wheel radio!

Good call on the savox servo. I've been running a low profile 1251 for over a year and it's been flawless, £45 well spent. It's not uncommon for people to destroy the gears on 2 or even 3 'cheap' servos in one night! This won't happen with a savox 125x.

The speed passion combo Muzzie has for sale is a good setup, it's exactly what I use in my Yokomo and it is rapid. Too much motor for a beginner but still may be a good buy as the throttle can be down dialled to tame it.

The two rolling chassis I have are both Team C TP02c race spec buggies. They are identical to a TC02c but use stick/Shorty packs as opposed to saddles. They are good buggies and there's never a shortage of parts at the club.

If you want I could bring one of them next week for you to look at.