View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011

The quality of the full spikes atm seems to be shocking, quite a few of you will say that its because of the amount of timing we now run and just the speeds are far greater than what they used to be so the tyres wear is greater, which is right but we used to get 5 odd months out of a set whilst they were worn in, now we can only get 2 to 3 weeks after 3 weeks of running em in?

I ran one set which i had from when i first started at the club from the 1st round of the winter series, they lasted through to the fourth round inc all the week nights in-between before they were worn out, i ran dads set at the 5th, then i ran a new set in for the last round, they were completely slick the Wednesday after. (And i ran the same, speedo/motor combo on the same advance settings throughout the series)

I've even had a set were the they wore were one side of the tire would be slick and the other would have a good 3/4mm of spike, it was like half the tire was a different compound.

Carpet would be nice, as the tire choice would be much much larger, but obviously this means an extra ten mins laying the carpet down when the track iis built and the original cost of the carpet.
But i agree with Jamie, im a bit fed up of full spikes...