View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011

I would have to go with hog on this one, talking as a driver when we had carpet down all those years ago and run on foams the car went where you wanted it to go and set up was well just show up and put it on the track, which as dave has said after 3 or 4 months of this we where all bored stupid and the £800 pound carpet was stuck under the stage never to see light again. As i remember we had a vote on the use of the carpet at that time and 95% of the 70 odd drivers at the time said get rid of it.

Now as for saying there is something wrong with the full spikes at the moment well pull the other one guys i watch some of you going round with these super fast ECS wheel spining on the straight for god sake and you ask why are my tyres only lasting 3 to 4 weeks at best. speed and wheel spin = wear so its a price you are paying to go the speed you all seem to think you must go nowadays so in my humble opinion slow down and the tyres will last like they used to and as for carpet apart from what i pointed out earlier who is going to get it out each week and lay it, i know the same few who do it now, i don,t think so from my angle we do anuff as it is with out more.

Pleas do not take this as my club my ways as i do not mean that atall just pointing out the facts.

Regards Alan