View Single Post
Old 18-08-2012

Gareth...

Wow... it's amazing that I found this thread. Sooo many years have passed... I hope you remember me and the great times we had racing at Sandown.

I must admit I was terribly saddened to hear about your Dad. He was an amazing inspiration to me at such a young age. Something I held on to for a long time... even after I had left the hobby. I remember going to his house to buy a used ProCat from him... that thing was tricked out like no-one could imagine these days. The precision engineering was 2nd to none. The pepperpot wheels... the slipper clutch.. etc etc. amazing.

Do you remember the days??... (apologies to most but this was a personal major part of my life) spouting names.... It was me and Stuart Cartwright pitted together... then there was you & your Dad. Mark Saddler.. Guy & Bob Walker... Barry Gunson.... Andy Matton... I wish I could remember more. I apologise for my poor memory....

Not That I can contribute loads... but hey.... They were great times.... and your dad was someone I looked up to in a big way.

Mark - If you read this.... I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. He was an absolute legend to me. Your Mum & Dad took me in, and let me do my frickin work experience at their place!!!! I can't image many do that! I have sooooo many fond memories of those days..... wow.

Well.... my fond past aside.... I have now re-kindled that flame.... I currently live just west of Houston... where the RC scene is pretty massive. Sh!t I have to learn to do jumps now!! haha.. I love it... and wish I were better like we all do.

So... Gareth. I hope you are well... and possibly that you remember our racing escapades. We had fun... That's what it was all about.

My best regards to you all,
Paul Manwaring