View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009
Stu-Perstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalypig View Post
Hello, all! Just wondering what the future holds for Bury Metro? I am looking at getting back in to the hobby having spent several years in the wilderness. I started back in the early 90s with a couple of 2wd off road buggies. With a lack of racing opportunities I was only able to go bashing and after a while this petered out without their being the banter of racing other cars. About 8 years ago I was starting up again and found that the focus had switched to touring cars. I was all set and ready to go when unfortunately I was forced to sell my gear. Roll forward to now. I am debating where to direct my attention and looking at what clubs there are nearby. I have heard that there are clubs in Cheadle, Macclesfield and Bury. All reasonably local for me. I have been told that you hold indoor race meetings once a month in Chadderton at present. Is this for the winter only? Come the summer is there to be an outdoor track elsewhere once the gymnastic club builds on the old one? Any info would be greatly appreciated and help me make a decision regarding what to spend my money on and where to go. Cheers.
Hi mate. We at Bury Metro are waiting for the council to start on the new track. The old one is still there so when the summer comes we will us it till we cant. We are currently runing inside at Chadderton and this is a great venue. IF you want to come down its on next weekend. Starts at 11. We will not be going with out a track when it does eventually come, so please dont think there will be no where to race.
Nice to see u wanting to come back anyway and hope u enjoy the racing.