View Single Post
Old 25-07-2017
Mad Member

I switched from a SkyRC RS16 to a Corally Eclips 2100 at the start of the year.

The RS16 was always reliable, did a good job of charging LIPO's and Nimh transmitter packs, but I was never overly convinced by the strength of the joy stick control, having said that I owned it for over two years and never had a problem.

The Corally Eclips is the lowest powered dual charger Corally make which has proved to be the ideal field companion for charging my race packs during the day. The balance charge does seem to take a little longer than the Skyrc unit, but I also seem to have a bit better power from the LiPo so a worthy trade off.

I never thought I'd make that much use of the dual charging aspect, but it has proved handy at club when a new comer has needed a top up, without having to stop my own charging. Or when at home I can charge my race packs at the same time as topping up my transmitter pack before race day. It's also 12/240v in the one unit so no separate power supplies needed.

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!