View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verde View Post
Similar experience for me with Hobbynox and Vallejo. Generally just use it for backing though so thin it with Tamiya X-20A thinners and whack the pressure up. Unthinned I find it cloggs too easily and can splatter.
Yeah that's what I find too.

I thought X-20A was a lacquer thinners, I've not tried it with the hobbynox.
I wanted to attempt to paint some white shells, but found its really inconsistent, so have hung off for now.

What pressure are you using?

hobbynox suggest:

"Hobbynox Airbrush Colors work best out of the bottle with a 0.5 mm tip-sized airbrush operated @ 2.8-3.5 BAR. For smaller tip-sizes, lower the BAR settings and fine-line detailed artwork - reduce with Hobbynox SP Reducer/Cleaner (up to 25%).

Hobbynox SP Reducer/Cleaner (sold separately):
To be used with Hobbynox Airbrush Colors when a thinner viscosity is wanted/needed.
Generally added 10% per volume to paint. May be added in greater quantities to achieve best viscosity for atomization of paint.
Paint has a 72 hour pot-life after mixing with SP Reducer/Cleaner."

I've not tried their SP reducer/cleaner to thin, but I have the faskolor fasthinner. I guess with the 72 hour pot life after mixing, its best not to add it directly to the paint pot to thin the lot? any ideas why this is?
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------