View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011
Mad Member

I liked my B44 and the drive train did over 3 years with very little maintenance as mine started life as an Atomic Carbon S44 then when LIPO and brushless came out it got converted back into a B44. Was well made, reliable, cheap spares that were easy to get hold of and had loads of space for the electrics unlike so many 4wd's at present.

It wasn't the best on bumpy tracks but it wasn't any worse than some of the other 4wd's about. The B44.1 has the new AE shocks which I think are a lot better and easier to build (although drilling a bleed hole in the shock cap of the originals made them simple to build consistently to, or you could buy Yokomo shock caps) and chassis now gives more ground clearance I think it says in all the blurb which will help.

Personally I'd go with which ever one you can get spares for easily as after all if you can't repair it you can't race it! .

Driven a couple of Kyosho's in the past and sometimes they felt brilliant and other times horrible. The B44 was consistently rubbish on a really bumpy track, but you used the same setup pretty much everywhere and you knew what it was going to do.

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!