View Single Post
Old 20-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyscott View Post

As a race director I hate MRT! Clashes... I spoke to Mr Knight Saturday and he hates them too lol!

MRT copied My Laps, it's business - get over it.. They done well while it lasted.

Some people will spend nearly a trade in price on tyres for ONE meeting. So what's the big deal on cost?

I accept it's not a nice cost for those with nothing as it's not got the same buzz re a motor or something.
S'funny I thought clubs "catered" for their racers and members and not the other way around! I just see this as a bit of ignorance (as in not understanding) of how to use MRT's. We've had a couple of clashes at shrccc, but nothing a few minutes resetting one of the MRT's didn't cover. It really is quite simple if you bother to try to cater for your members...

As for "some" spending that much on tyres, yes, but aren't those "typically" the racers who also enter the regionals etc? If you argree then surely its down to personal choice to spend that much money on tyres, just as it would to then spend the money on updating" a PT that worked at both your club and ours. What you are still not getting is that some folk like to escape and race once or twice a week WITHOUT huge expense on tyres or anything else. I'm just concerned that the "bullyboy" business tactics used by mylaps penalise those racers... Especially if clubs like you just "roll over" and accept the proposed changes just like that... I think its pretty sad that no-one is trying to stand up for the little guy in all this... But then again, looking at this forum, and the number of times you've changed your car in the past few years, it seems thst you are one of those who doesn't mind (or can afford to) spend large amounts of cash on their hobby... Good for you, but it takes all sorts to make the world go round... I just get the feeling "some" people can't see or understand that...