View Single Post
Old 31-10-2016
Mad Member

That's a nice truck for sure! As I've got no first-hand experience with Xray's off-road kits, I'd like to know how the chassis with hard composite chassis brace compares to a full aluminum chassis. When it came to buggies in the last few years, I did not like plastic noses after I had tried a one piece chassis. Switching the plastic nose on the VBC Racing Firebolt to the Team Bearcat aluminum one absolutely transformed the car on astro, whereas it did really well on dirt right from the box. Some of my buddies had similar experiences and got rid of their old B-Max2 MRs and B5M because they missed the sharp handling of their previous rides with full aluminum chassis, so it is not only me...
There are many things I like on the XT2's design, others I don't. In most cases, option parts are readily available to stop my worries or thirst for bling, i.e. metal diff internals, cf battery strap. Except for the mixed feelings about the chassis brace, my biggest gripe is the looks of the composite shock towers and body mounts, but that's just me.
Is it likely that Xray or an aftermarket manufacturer will release some cf shock towers if not an aluminum nose? I am not familiar if there is an aftermarket as most of Xray's stuff has a first-class reputation, e.g. the brilliant spring steel parts. Thanks in advance for replying, anyone!