View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017
Mad Member

I was also wondering about that, but as it seems it has not, or at least not with the kit body. As STs in general have tons of steering, this will most probably not be an issue, though. Can't wait for my kit to arrive and get it built and painted. Arena33 is about to open its doors and is not too far away...

Update: My kit arrived yesterday, and I finished installing the steering ballcup mod and calibrating the electronics a couple of minutes ago. Negatives first: First, I think the shocks are not up to the rest of the truck's quality standard, but they seem to be pretty good nonetheless. Second, I wonder if it had cost Xray an arm and a leg to include another hole in the CF steering plates, considering the parts' premium prices. I'll put that down to a keen business sense...
On the positive side: Everything else! The second-hand T1R I used to have more than a decade ago was a great car at its time, but I feel Xray's quality has become the best there is in the electric RC market. Quality comes at a price as does manufacturing in Europe, but at least in most cases (shocks with moulded internals and non-coated metals, there is room for improvement!) you get what you pay for. Of course, I'd prefer to see aluminium parts on the steering and ball stud mounts, but the quality ball bearings included in the kit make up for this at least a little.

Bottom line: I am happy that I did not hold my breath for the new AE and TLR trucks to arrive. When it comes to parts quality, I doubt anyone including my favourite Japanese manufacturers is currently on the same level as Xray. Another factor for now is the fact that racing on astro and carpet has only just begun to take off in the US, which most likely will be reflected in the as yet unreleased trucks' performance on these surfaces for the time being. Before even driving the XT2 I can rest assured that it excels on EOS carpet and that I will be able to get all the support I may need when I join the crowd of racers at the next EOS race in Germany. Keep it up, guys!

Last edited by mes; 12-01-2017 at 05:47 PM.