Thread: Arena X Round 5
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich D View Post
Yeah really good layout guys many thanks for everyones effort who helped to build the track and run the meeting.

Bit disappointed to have lost half a lap lead in the final because of hitting marshals recovering others cars on two seperate occasions through no fault of my own. I guess its part of racing but two? people stood on a 4 ft sq table top were impossible to avoid.

Maybe 11 cars in one final were a few too many with the benefit of hindsight and a 5 car B final would have been better for both drivers and marshals ?

Not to worry, have fun at the last round, a few of us will be at Rd 1 of the National Series so sadly will ave to miss out.

See you at the Regionals
With hindsight I'm inclinded to agree, but the problem with running less than ten car finals is that the drivers you "demote" to the B final then never have a chance of getting the hundred points so basically isn't fair.

I think in this situation it was just unlucky. The designated marshal for the table top had is hands full and the nearest marshal stepped in to help as you would expect at this level of competition... But as you say two marshalls on a 4ft square tabletop diesn't leave a lot of room for the cars!!

I'm glad everybody had a good day, it seriously was a good track again!