View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011
Mad Member

Not sure what you mean "save time" and shorten calander"? What calander.

The meeting will be run to a high standard and the TC's are the main priority. Unfortunatly TC racing is dead at the moment so while the class is sufferring and numbers are low, I really dont see what negative effect running buggies as a support class alongside the TC meeting will have? We have spent alot of money on the new TC track aswell as the new offroad track for our 100 plus members of the club. We have no control that members of Broxtowe have decided to mainly race offroad at the moment. The way I see it, why have a meeting of 30 TC drivers and a gap between rounds when we can run an extra support class that has no detrimental effect to the running of the meeting and give more racers the oppurtunity to race? We just want as many people to come to Broxtowe as possible whatever class they want race. Is that really such a crime?

I have seen all the negative comments Bob Burr and such like seem to enjoy writing in Race Chat about this situation and our club. I wonder why the TORC series has dropped from entries in 80-90 region in 2005/2006 to the 20 or so people that do it now? Way to promote the hobby!