View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014
Mad Member

Last week I asked for some information on the Firebolt project and VBC Racing for an upcoming review on German rc-news.de. VBC's John Fung did not provide me with any names (we would probably not know most of them anyway), but informed me that the project started more than a year ago, involved several handmade prototypes and extensive testing in various parts of the world. After the design had been determined, they tested various materials in order to optimize weight and durability (e.g. five or more compounds for wishbones alone) until they were happy.

With the emergence of Astroturf in Asia, I'd guess the kit has been tested on all kinds of surfaces. Including a ball diff in the kit probably was a nod towards the biggest 2WD market, but an optional gear diff and additional front weight is already foreseen on the editable set-up sheet. With the whole set of possibilities of battery positions and the numerous rear end set-ip options I am sure this car will work well on any MM compatible surface, and with a little less power (=enough for average drivers lacking the skills and reflexes to win races, like me) also on dirt. A 10.5 with transverse shorty in the rear and 3.6 to 4.1 degrees toe-in should be a good starting point.