View Single Post
Old 17-09-2011

I must say that the main reason I started driving Mardaves was that I'd gotten tired of the constant 'Arms Race' of touring car driving. I find that the reduced speed of the stock Mardave motor allows very precise driving and for me that is where the main enjoyment lies - trying to achieve the perfect line and carry as much corner speed as possible without the brute force of a brushless or modified motor to tempt you into a more ragged driving style.

So given the choice, I would prefer to race in a totally stock Mardave class which allows kit parts only and does away with 'optional extra's' such as ally rear pods, after-market wheel hubs, delrin spurs, cryo coolers, comm drops etc. etc. ...

To be really honest most of these things have enormous 'bling' factor but don't really do that much to improve car speed or handling, in fact most are heavier than the originals so tend to actually hamper performance somewhat, apart from the ally pod which does keep the motor cooler for longer thus giving better performance towards the end of a race.

The best possible performance enhancing add-on is consistency and that is free with a bit of practice. Even for touring car drivers, if your average lap time is more than half a second slower than your fastest lap time then try slowing down your motor till you can consistently drive within half a second average to fastest and see the improvement...