Thread: Having it large
View Single Post
Old 24-01-2010

To answer stu's question, and anybody feel free to correct me here, it was a long time ago, the current format was introduced to deal with large numbers. First year or so i think we did run finals, but the numbers at boughton meant that the evenings just got too late. That is why it would seem questionable to introduce finals just as the numbers are increasing.....

Have we really been running this format for 20 years? Personally i think it is a great club format, but i realise that the more professional and experienced racers are used to finals at event racing, and that other clubs do run finals mid week..... But our system does allow for three attempts at a weekly score, not just a single bite of the apple..... there are pro's and con's here...

When we have speeded the evenings up as much as possible, we will know where we are time wise, and maybe if numbers drop off we could start to look more closely at introducing finals?

I agree with Dave, gone 11:00 is just too late, we have to pack up and get home..... personally i think it would be better to aim for a half 10 finish at the latest, but that it just my opinion.