View Single Post
Old 20-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastinfastout View Post
although I have no reason to doubt the upgrade pack is better, the handling characterisitics you are describing has more to do with the change from 'one way' to 'front ball diff'. There is a HUGE difference, believe me........
I couldn't agree more. I've quite some experience with both types of diffs and for the most part understand how they act differently. Indeed most of the feedback from my session I left out because of this. I just noted some of the things I think could be related to the kit more so than the diff.

I'll be trying a gear diff too soon so it will be good to compare that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich D View Post
hey

thanks for the feedback. Just so you know, the kit ballstuds are only fit for the bin anyway, you need Tamiya part number 53969 to replace them. They do a shorter version too 53968

Only ran mine the once on a medium to low grip surface. It was hard to tell any differences aside from the fact that i was now undergeared.

The diffs are certainly a lot better i agree.
No problem Richard, and thanks for the part number. I've never had one bend on me before so hadn't given them much consideration. I'm using the fluorine coated ones at the front, I wonder if they're also of the stronger variety.

I also need to review my gearing but I was running pretty short courses yesterday so didn't notice it as much... and it was below freezing so temps were not an issue!